Woo hoo! Today marks my 5 month anniversary working at Chapman. My boss and I were trying to figure out if that meant anything special but it doesn't. 2 months ago I was able to start using vacation days and in 1 month I can use my tuition reimbusements. I am guessing that I do no want to be in classes any times soon!
Last week I got to go to Long Beach for 3 days! NASPA - the national organization for Student Affairs Professionals hosted their regional conference in Long Beach and since my previous advisor and mentor from CSULB - Ken Kelly was the host I had to go! It was so great to be back in the city that I love. As I drove into downtown Long Beach, I almost started to cry as I drove past my old house, where I used to work, restaurants that friends and I celebrated birthdays. There is no other place that holds so many memories for me. It is always emotional for me to go back there. Only time will tell if I live there again. At the conference I was able to reconnect with some of my fellow cohort members who are working full time as well and hear how their jobs are going. I was also able to see current 2nd years in the College Student Affairs program at APU and my professor Carol. They are all so wonderful and it was amazing to laugh with them at the conference.
This past weekend I had a few hours when I was really missing APU and everyone that I met there. As I drove back to Orange County from San Dimas, I was almost in tears. I realized how much everyone there touched and impacted my life. I am so blessed to have spent 2 years there and create those connections. Luckily at church Sunday evening I was able to see a few of my students from APU and it warmed my heart to spend just a few minutes with them.!
There are lots of changes happening within my life and work so it will be interesting to see how everything plays out over the next few weeks! I will keep you all updated! Much love!
No comments:
Post a Comment