Being an Resident Director is probably the strangest job anyone could ever imagine. I live in a residence hall with 350 college students, i dont pay rent, i wear a pager when i am on duty, am up till 2 am when called to an incident, have staff meetings at night...such craziness! I enjoy it but is most definetely a challenge. My residents have been here for 2 months and from the sounds of it are enjoying college! It reminds me so much of my dorm experience and all the trouble we caused for our RAs! It makes me miss Long Beach with a passion! My heart also misses APU and the amazing community I had there. My RA's are a great group of students and I am enjoying getting to know them. I love living in Orange County and the life that I am creating here! I know I dont want to leave California but I think I am never going to leave the OC!
I started going back to RockHarbor Church when I moved down here. It has been a joy to return to a church that meant so much to me when I was in college. I have wanted to get involved but wasnt sure how. Over the last 2 weeks, I have strongly felt God's presence in my life, in a way that I haven't felt in 2 years. During my time at APU I struggled with my relationship with God and have prayed for the desire to spend more time with him and learn more about who He is. The prayer has finally been answered and I am so excited. God is guiding me and teaching me so much! Last weekend I went on the College Ascent as a leader and am praying about continuing to work with College Ministries at RockHarbor. God has also called me into a special 3 month season of my life. I know he wants me to stop expecting things but just be patient and hopeful. He wants to teach me alot over the next few months and allow me to grow closer to Him. I am excited and nervous to see what till come and how God will start 2009 for me. I know his plans are perfect and are right for me. I want to become the woman God has created me to be and this season is part of that journey. As my friends and family who are reading this blog, I ask that you join me in prayer over the next few months.
Here are some pictures!!!
A surprise party for the great Eileen!
Roomies at Melissa's Birthday!
Seeing Santana with the family!!!!!!
The family!!
Glass Hall Staff - in Costume!!
Macally got married!!!
3 comments:
awesome! =D I'm really glad to know that everything is working out for you!
Yay Michelle! I love that you are writing in your blog. Good to hear whats going on. Love you.
Dude, that guy in green scares the crap out of me!
Post a Comment