Right after graduation my friend Loren and I headed to LA for the Kenny Chesney concert and the next day got on a plane to visit our friend Meli in Seattle! We had such a great time with her exploring the city, trying different coffee shops, going to a baseball game, watching sex in the city, and just spending time with each other. it was a great way to spend the weekend and to prepare for moving to orange. Over the next few weeks I packed, shopped, finished up my job at the YMCA.
Now I am here! In Orange!!! My first day was all about meetings, met the staff and moved all my stuff in. My weeks have been spent setting up my place, my office and learning all I can about this new job and new university. So far, I am loving it. I work with some great people, and am so excited to meet my students in a matter of weeks! woo hoo!...my weekends have been filled with fun times with friends. I have been to both the Brad Paisley concert with my cousins and friends from San Dimas, Toby Keith concert with my cousin and friends from long beach, a dinner party at laurens in pasadena, night out in LA dancing, party hopping on the 4th of july.

Overall I am settling into my new life in Orange County. It is strange living by myself and having so much alone time, but I am beginning to really enjoy it. I love that my cousins, who also live alone are livng close by. Ive been spending alot of time with Ashley and Megan and it is always a joy to be with them. I truly feel this is where I am supposed to be. God has guided me to a great place where I can grow, learn and be challenged. I am so excited to rejoin the RockHarbor Church community> Being part of a church is something that I have been missing over the last 2 years. It will be great to be around other believers as I continue to transition to life here at Chapman and my first itme working full time. I am going to need alot of support as I learn a job that I have never done before. My friends Audrey and Brandon are there so that means I get to spend time with them which is wonderful! I know that I need to be spending more time with God and investing in my relationship with Him. He wants to do work in my life and I have to let Him do it as I let go of control. I love my God and want my life to reflect that. For whatever reason, that has been difficult for me over the last 2 years and now it is time to focus on Him. I ask for your prayers and love! Thank you for who all of you are in my life and how you add so much joy to it. I am so thankful for the friendships that God has sent my way and treasure my time with friends and family.
Resident Advisors will be here in about 2 weeks and studens will be here in less than a month...watch out for the stories to come!!!
1 comment:
I remember that concert...and I wasn't even there!!
Post a Comment