Sunday, October 17, 2010

Michelle's 10 things by the End of 2010 List!









Time to start writing again!!!



Life has gotten way to busy and I have ignored this blog since 2009...oops!!!


Over Memorial Day weekend, I went to Oregon to visit my very good friend Heather and that trip inspired me to write a list of 10 things I wanted to do by the end of 2010!!!



One of the items on the list was to start a blog about my scrapbooking and so here I am! I thought if I was going to blog about scrapbooking I might as well start blogging about some of the rest of the list! Here are a few things I am working on:
  • Read all my Christian books

  • Start a scrapbooking blog

  • Run a 5K

  • Spend a weekend being a California tourist

  • Buy produce from a farmer's market

  • Take a cake decorating class

  • Find the right church for me






A few weeks ago I was on duty and made an action plan for myself so that I can really accomplish these things. I made the list in May and just started to really work on since I realized that the year is almost over!!!



I found a 5K I have decided to run! woo hoo!



Over Thanksgiving weekend, my hometown of San Dimas has a run in Bonelli Park so I am officially in training! I am not a girl that likes running so it has been a really great to challenge myself with a new activity.






Now this is a supposed to be a blog about my scrapbooking. It is something that I love doing and it gives me a creative way to remember special moments in my life. Living by myself has given me time to work on this project of mine. When my friend Becca has a craft night it gives me something to take and contribute! Scrapbooking has always given me a way to show my friends and family how much I care about them. My two favorite projects have been creating a scrapbook for my friend Danielle for her bridal shower last year. It was a collection of our two years of living together in college and it was so great to give her something to remember our years as roommates!









Last November my dear friend Melissa got married and she asked me to be one of her bridesmaids which I happily accepted! Then she asked if I would make her guest book for the wedding. It was such a happy project for me to create this for her and her now husband BJ. She gave me some great engagement pictures of the two of them and I created the guest book like a scrapbook for them.







Here are some samples from Danielle's scrapbook!
























I made her scrapbook a little smaller than I normally do. I used an 8inch by 8inch scrapbook and found some great paper to use. To finish her book, I made some additions for her when she was moving to Colorado with her husband. I was able to include pictures from her wedding and she loved it! The page above is one from her bridal shower with pink shower paper with cute stickers. Below is from her wedding. Of course we took a roommate picture and included her husband Jason! We always called him the 7th roommate!











I am working on a few different pages right now and have all my supplies ready!



No comments: